Constitution & Bylaws
Meetings of Interest
- AAEA 2012 Annual Meeting
(August, 12-14 Seattle, WA)
- SAEA 2012 Annual Meeting
(February 4-7 Birmingham, Alabama)
- AERE 2012 Summer Conference
(June 4-5 Ashville, NC)
2012 Annual Meeting
(June 17-19 Niagara Falls, Ontario)
- EAAE 2012 Congress
(June 27-30 Prague, Czech Republic)
- AAEA Food Environment Conference
(May 30–31 Tufts University)
NAREA CONSTITUTION AND BY-LAWS
The name of the organization shall be: "Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association."
1. Purpose - The purpose of the Association is to stimulate and promote education and research on economic and social problems related to the production, marketing and consumption of agricultural products; natural resources use, the environment, and rural economic development; and the interrelation of the agricultural and rural sectors with the rest of the economy.
2. Organization - The Association is organized as a group of professional agricultural economists and other persons interested in promoting the purpose of the Association.
3. Affiliation - The Association is officially affiliated with the Agricultural and Applied Economics Association and its President shall serve as an ex-officio member of the Board of Directors of the AAEA. The Association shall not be affiliated with any other institution, organization, or agency, either public or private.
Adopted June 24, 1974
Amended August 7, 1984
Amended June 22, 1993